Nothing says spring like Strawberry Mascarpone Tart! With a buttery shortbread crust, a generous layer of velvety mascarpone cheese mixture, and some gently placed sweet and juicy strawberries with a strawberry jelly glaze. Smooth creamy and berry sweet.
Strawberry Mascarpone Tart
- Yield: 8-10
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cooking Time: 25 min
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 stick + 1½ tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- One third cup sugar
- ¼ rounded teaspoon of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees with the rack in the middle.
- In a food processor, blend the flour, butter, sugar, and salt until crumbs form (this may take up to 1½ minutes). Transfer the dough to a 10½ -inch round tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Press the dough evenly into pan and up the sides. Use a measuring cup to press the dough firmly into the bottom and against the sides of the pan. Freeze the crust until firm, about 15 minutes.
- into the bottom and against the sides of the pan. Freeze the crust until firm, about 15 minutes. Using a fork, prick the crust all over. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until lightly golden. Cool the tart completely in the tart pan.
For The Filling:
- 12 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1½ to 2 pounds strawberries, rinsed, dried, hulled and halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- One third cup seedless strawberry jelly (no seeds and no pulp)
- In a medium bowl, mix the mascarpone and 1 tablespoon of sugar together until smooth. Spread the mixture evenly on bottom of the baked crust.
- Starting from the center, arrange strawberry halves (bottom ends touching), on the cheese mixture.
- In a small saucepan, heat the jelly on medium-low until liquefied. Gently brush the strawberries with the jelly.
- Chill the tart in the pan for 1 hour; remove it from the pan just before serving.
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- Baking time for crust: 20-25 minutes
- Cooling time for crust: 60 minutes
- Time to chill once assembled: 60 minutes