Game day snacks are the best, and it’s the perfect excuse for a cheat day. Spiced Pita Chips with Hummus are a necessity at your gathering… trust me, and make extra chips because it is cheat day after all.
Spiced Pita Chips with Hummus
- For Pita Chips:
- Four pieces of pita bread cut into triangles
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- For Hummus:
- 1 (15 oz.) can garbanzo beans, drained, liquid reserved
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- Olive oil and Paprika for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place sliced pita into a large bowl. Add the next five ingredients. Toss well to combine. Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- To make hummus, in a food processor, combine garbanzo beans, cumin, lemon juice, garlic and 1 tablespoon of the reserved bean liquid. Blend until smooth. Top with olive oil and paprika for garnish.