No butter, no eggs, no sugar but packed with nutrition and natural sweetness, these SKINNY Banana Oat Flaxseed Cookies are just waiting to be baked!
Skinny Banana Oat Flaxseed Cookies
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- ½ cup ground flaxseed meal
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips*
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a parchment paper lined baking sheet and set aside.
- Using a large mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork. Add in the rolled oats, flaxseed meal, shredded coconut, almonds and salt (if using). Mix together with a spoon. Add in the chocolate chips with mix together again.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out the cookie batter and place on the baking sheet. The cookies don’t spread so don’t worry about the spacing too much. Press down gently with your hands if flatter tops are desired. Bake for about 18 to 20 minutes, or until lightly golden brown on the outside. Let cool for about 8 to 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Recipe makes about 15 to 18 cookies. *If vegan, be sure to use vegan chocolate chips.