Pumpkin Sage Soup!!! Creamy, flavorful and savory. This Pumpkin Sage Soup is perfect for fall and is delicious comfort in a bowl.
Pumpkin Sage SoupPrep Time: 15 min Cooking Time: 1 hr
- 2 small onions, peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 ribs of celery, halved and sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced
- 2 medium to large sized Idaho russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, minced
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 (15-ounce) cans 100% pure canned pumpkin
- 1 32-ounce carton vegetable stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- cooked crispy bacon, crumbled
- gouda cheese, freshly grated
- cooked crispy sage leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°. Combine the onions, carrots, celery, garlic, apples, potatoes, sage and brown sugar in a large bowl. Drizzle on the extra virgin olive oil, and season with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. Place into a roasting pan and roast in oven for about 30 minutes, or until tender.
- After the vegetables are finished, using a large pot over medium-high heat, combine the roasted vegetable mixture, canned pumpkin and vegetable stock. Season with salt and pepper and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Using a hand blender or immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth or your desired consistency. Add the heavy cream, taste and adjust any seasoning as needed. Serve warm with the gouda cheese, bacon and crispy sage as a garnish. Enjoy!
If a smoother texture is desired, you can transfer to a blender instead of using the immersion blender. To make this vegetarian, simply omit the bacon.