Pumpkin cookies you need are happy food to eat. Yummy to the tummy.
Pumpkin and Orange Cookies
- Yield: 20 cookies
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cooking Time: 10 min
- ½ c honey
- ⅔ c brown sugar
- 1 ½ sticks cold butter, cubed small
- 1 c packed canned real pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons baking soda and 1 teaspoon kosher salt mixed together
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 2 large room temperature eggs
- 2 cups Gold Medal flour
- GLAZE INGREDIENTS:
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons whole milk
- 2 Tablespoons juice from 1 orange
- Zest from 1 orange
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees for ½ hour
- Place parchment paper on one large sheet pan
- Fold in all the cookie dough ingredients except for the flour. Use a food processor or hand mixer
- Fold until smooth. About 20 seconds. Scrape bowl if needed
- Add flour 1 cup at a time and fold
- Stop immediately when mixed. This prevents a tough cookie
- Use a small ice cream scoop to drop cookies on sheet pan. Level each scoop so they are all equal size.
- Bake for 8 to minutes and remove from oven. All ovens vary. Adjust accordingly
- GLAZE METHOD
- Combine all the ingredients for the glaze. Drizzle glaze by spoonfuls over warm cookies
Pumpkin cookie dough
Pumpkin cookie just out of the oven with powdered sugar dust and vanilla drizzle. I used melted chocolate to drizzle. This is delicious for a less sweet experience.
Hello... This is the dream cookie of the year. You won't believe how good this is with orange drizzle poured over the warm pumpkin cookie. You're welcome.
Mama G's How-To:
1. Remove the cookie by pulling the parchment paper away from cookie. Instead of lifting cookie from paper. You are welcome.
2. Use Gold Medal flour. Gold Medal has a lower gluten-forming protein. Perfect for cakes and cookies.
3. Scoop the batter with ice cream scoop. Take a butter knife and level each scoop off. This makes your cookies the exact weight to ensure perfect equal cooking.
4. Always preheat the oven for at least ½ hour with anything you are making. Oven will reach desired temperature but coils take longer.
5. Only use real pumpkin. I'm watching you.
6. Over mixing causes gluten proteins to be too tough.
7. When you make glaze you may need to adjust the liquid. Use the juice from the fresh orange. Never water. Too much liquid will make your cookie fall apart. You want it firm enough to pick up. Please cover entire cookie with glaze to enjoy the full colossal experience.
8. Serving suggestions. Add pecans to top of the cookie. Yes, please.
9. Sprinkle a pinch of nutmeg into batter.
10. Add ½ c Ghirardelli chocolate chips to batter . You had me at chocolate...
"Happy Food To Eat"
What's Cooking?... With Mama G
Love, Mama G