Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Happiest Holidays

Pomegranate Gin Fizz

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

A tremendously fun pink cocktail for the holidays ahead.

Pomegranate Gin Fizz

• Servings: 1
  • Yield: 1 serving
  • Prep Time: 5 min

Ingredients

• 2 oz. gin
  • 2 oz. pomegranate juice (I prefer POM)
  • 2 oz. club soda
  • 2 lime wedges
  • fresh mint leaves

Preparation

1. Combine gin, pomegranate juice and the juice of 1 lime wedge in a shaker. Shake mixture well.
  2. Fill a highball glass (or in my case, a stemless wine glass) with ice and a few sprigs of fresh mint. Muddle that mint a bit. It's asking for it.
  3. Pour drink mixture into the glass. Garnish with extra mint and another lime wedge on the side. You're so fancy.

Recipe Tags

?format=750w

It's such a tremendously fun time of year, isn't it? The holiday decor is competing for our attention at Target (do I focus on Thanksgiving? Or do I just dive straight into Christmas? BOTH. ALWAYS BOTH.) The temperatures have dropped, so we get to cozy up to our loved ones and wear hats and gloves and chunky boots. Well, I'm sure that's the case somewhere in the world. My New York friends are certainly doing that. My Georgia friends... well, we are all confused about the weather here. Like, why is it always raining?? And tricking us with the threat of tornadoes? We prefer winter wonderlands. But whatever - LET'S DRINK SPIKED POMEGRANATE JUICE.

I concocted this for the flurry of bridal festivities a few weeks back, and it was so girly and different and good. It would be a great holiday appetizer cocktail for all the upcoming smashing events that I know are on your calendar. Enjoy, friends!

?format=750w

Ingredients:
- 2 oz. gin
- 2 oz. pomegranate juice (I prefer POM)
- 2 oz. club soda
- 2 lime wedges
- fresh mint leaves

Method:
1. Combine gin, pomegranate juice and the juice of 1 lime wedge in a shaker. Shake mixture well.
2. Fill a highball glass (or in my case, a stemless wine glass) with ice and a few sprigs of fresh mint. Muddle that mint a bit. It's asking for it.
3. Pour drink mixture into the glass. Garnish with extra mint and another lime wedge on the side. You're so fancy.

?format=750w
?format=750w

So fancy! That is all! Happy holiday imbibing, my friends! xox.

This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!