It's the Breakfast Recipe that will change mornings forever. The ULTIMATE one-pan dish for busy moms!
Picture Perfect Breakfast
- 1 tube of refrigerated crescent rolls (or bread stick dough)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 ½ cup grated cheddar cheese (more if desired)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toppings of your choice, such as: Chopped cooked bacon or sausage, sautéed mushrooms, sliced cooked potatoes, peppers, diced tomatoes, pepperoni, cooked chopped turkey, chicken or ham.
- See video tutorial below!
- In a greased shallow baking sheet (approx 9 ½ by 11 inch) line the rim with 6 to 8 of the bread strips, (twisted slightly) creating a frame of bread. (Pinch together bread sticks to form a continuous frame.)
- Next, make one horizontal and two vertical rows with remaining bread strips, creating squares, about 3 inches in diameter.
- Brush bread dough with slightly beaten egg. (This creates a beautiful shiny finished dough frame and it helps to “glue” the bread strips together.) Fill each square with ¼ cup cheese and ¼ cup desired topping.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining 6 eggs and 2 tablespoons of milk.
- Pour egg mixture over bread picture frame and toppings, covering the bread.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until bread is golden brown and eggs are cooked.
- Slice in squares, using the bread dough to frame each slice.