Just Like Grandma's! Homemade Tomato Gravy.
Old Fashion Tomato Gravy
- Yield: 6-8
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 20 min
- ½ pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1 can (14-½ ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups tomato juice or Canned Tomatoes (1 can or half a jar)
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; discard all but 2 tablespoons drippings. Cook onion in drippings until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper; cook and stir over low heat until mixture is golden brown. Gradually add tomatoes and tomato juice; stir well. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in bacon.
- Serve over Biscuits or Toast.