Perfect side dish for your holiday meals!
Momma's Sauteed Fresh String Beans
- 1 pound fresh string beans
- ½ cup Pancetta, chopped in small pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sweet yellow onion, chopped fine
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 large ripe tomato, seeded and chopped fine
- ½ cup chicken or beef broth
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Wash and cut string beans.
- Over medium heat, cook Pancetta, onion and garlic in olive oil.
- When onions are golden brown, add the tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add string beans, pepper, salt and ¼ cup broth.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes until tender and liquid has evaporated.
- Do not overcook or burn strings beans.
- Add broth as needed.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
- Serves 4.