I love a great Mint Julep and I also love a great Moscow Mule so I came up with a Mint Julep Mule. This combines the best of both of those cocktails. It's great for an evening cocktail and it's also perfect for your next brunch.
Mint Julep Mule
- Yield: 1 serving
- Prep Time: 5 min
- 3-4 fresh mint leaves, plus a sprig to garnish
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1 ½ ounces vodka
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 ounces ginger beer
- 1 ounce of freshly squeezed fruit juice, whatever is in season (mango, strawberries and cherries are perfect for this)
- Add the mint leaves and sugar to a copper cup and muddle.
- Pour in the bourbon, followed by the vodka and lime juice. Add the ginger beer and fruit juice then stir together. Fill the remaining cup with crushed ice.
- Top with mint sprig and enjoy!