Is there anything as simple and comforting as a roast chicken dinner? This one-pan rosemary roasted chicken and vegetables is one dinner my family can not get enough of. The flavor star in this roasted chicken recipe, though, is the ancient Mediterranean herb of rosemary.
In the world of Mediterranean cooking, herbs provide an almost sensual contribution to otherwise humble dishes. And that is exactly what rosemary did here in this rosemary roasted chicken recipe! Rosemary livens this chicken dinner with its piney flavor and mouth-watering aroma. Hope you try this easy recipe from The Mediterranean Dish soon!
Mediterranean Rosemary Roasted Chicken with Vegetables
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 30 min
- 11/2 tbsp dried rosemary leaves
- 1 ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp ground coriander
- ¾ tsp ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- 6 chicken legs, bone in, skin on
- 10 baby red potatoes, washed and halved
- 5-6 carrots, peeled and halved width-wise
- 1 medium white onion, cubed or cut into large pieces
- Olive oil
- 1 Meyer lemon, juice of
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix the spices together. Reserve ⅓ tbsp of the spice mix for later. Season the chicken legs on both sides and underneath the skin with the spice mix. Leave to rest for 20-30 minutes.
- In a bowl mix the vegetables together with a drizzle of olive oil and season with the remaining spice mix.
- Arrange the seasoned chicken legs and vegetables on a large oiled baking pan. Top with the lemon juice and a generous drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake in the 400 degree F heated oven for 30-45 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 175 degrees F. If needed, move the chicken to the top rack and broil for 2-3 minutes or until the chicken chars nicely. Enjoy!