Easy make ahead Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches that are ready when you are. This Egg McMuffin copycat is so simple to whip up and freeze, you’ll never make a drive-thru run again. A healthy breakfast option you’ll make all year long.
Make Ahead Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
- Servings: 1 sandwich
- Yield: 6 sandwiches
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cooking Time: 15 min
- 6 large eggs
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 6 english muffins, split in half
- 6 slices canadian bacon
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a jumbo muffin tin with cooking spray and crack one egg in each well. Lightly whisk each egg with a fork. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the muffin tin to the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the egg is firm. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Assemble the sandwich by layering the bottom half of the english muffin with a slice of canadian bacon, one egg round, a slice of cheese and top with the other half of the english muffin. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and set aside. Repeat with the remaining muffins, bacon, egg and cheese.
- Once all the sandwiches are assembled and wrapped, place them in a zip-top freezer bag and press out all the air before sealing. Write the heating instructions on the outside of the bag. (1-2 minutes on high in the microwave.) Transfer to the freezer.
- When ready to cook, remove one sandwich from the freezer bag and open one end of the plastic wrap. (So the sandwich doesn't steam and become soggy.) Heat the sandwich in the microwave for 1-2 minutes (start with 1 minute and then heat at 30 second increments until heated through). Remove from the plastic wrap immediately and serve.
For more recipes, visit The Suburban Soapbox!