How To Make Pancakes for one! This easy recipe makes a small batch of pancakes and is perfect for those Cooking for One.
How To Make Pancakes For One
- Servings: 3 pancakes
- Yield: 1 serving
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cooking Time: 15 min
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter , melted
- 1 teaspoon butter for the pan
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the egg and then whisk in the milk and melted butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir well. If the batter seems too thick, add more of the milk, a little at a time.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Ladle about ¾ cup of the batter onto the skillet to make a pancake.
- Cook until bubbles break the surface of the pancake, and the underside is golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Flip with a spatula and cook about 1 minute more on the second side. Remove from the pan and place on a plate.
- Repeat until all the batter is used up.
- Serve with your favorite toppings: butter, syrup, fruit or any other topping you desire.