Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Winning Game Day Snacks

Grilled Nachos

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

A great smoky spin on classic nachos!

Grilled Nachos

Ingredients

• Shredded Buffalo chicken
  • 1 bag tortilla chips
  • 1 can low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 bag shredded Mexican blend cheese
  • 1 red pepper, seeded and cut in half
  • 1 red onion, large slices
  • fresh cilantro, chopped
  • salsa and guacamole, for dipping

Preparation

1. Layer the chips, chicken, cheese and beans into a disposable foil pan. (I did two layers)
  2. Heat a charcoal grill and place the foil pan over indirect heat to start melting the cheese. While that's grilling, cover the peppers and onions with olive oil, salt and pepper and place on the direct heat of the grill. Grill for 5-10 minutes until they are softened and there are some char marks.
  3. When they're cool enough to handle, cut into bite sized pieces and throw on top of the nachos on the grill. Cover for a few minutes until the cheese is melted and hot.
  4. Remove from the grill and top with fresh cilantro and any other toppings you'd like (maybe some sour cream). Serve along with fresh salsa and guacamole.

Recipe Tags

I make my shredded Buffalo chicken in the slow cooker (chicken and Frank's hot sauce on high for about four hours), but you can just saute small pieces of chicken on the stove in the hot sauce too for a quicker option!

This recipe was literally made for tailgating. Prep all the ingredients ahead of time and throw it all on the grill when you're getting ready for the big game!

This recipe was originally featured on Christen in the Kitchen.

This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!