The perfect frosty, frozen wine to drink for those sweltering hot summer days.
Frozen Rosé aka Frosé
- Servings: 1 wine glass
- Yield: 4 cocktails
- Prep Time: 8 hr
- 750 ml bottle rosé wine
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 8 ounces strawberries, hulled, quartered
- 2 ½ ounces lemon juice
- 1 cup ice
- Pour the wine into a large ( 13 x 9 or larger ) sheet pan ( Don't be an idiot -- obviously this pan needs to have lips so the wine stays in it ). Freeze for at least 6 hours.
- Bring the water to a boil. Add the sugar, reduce the heat to low, and stir until all of the sugar is dissolved. ( HEY you just made simple syrup! Good work! )
- Add the strawberries to the water/sugar, and give it a solid stir. Let that mixture sit for around 30 minutes to infuse the simple syrup with the flavor of the strawberries.
- Strain the strawberry syrup through a sieve, but don't mash the strawberries through, just let it flow through naturally. Save the strained strawberries to put on some ice cream later, because that would be delicious. Oh, but the syrup: Chill the syrup for 30 minutes.
- Add 3 ounces of strawberry syrup, 2½ ounces lemon juice, 1 cup of ice, and the frozen wine to a blender and blend until smooth.