Spicy Sausage or chorizo and rice balls rolled in breadcrumbs or Panko and baked to perfection. Served with a sweet and spicy honey mustard sauce for dipping.
Easy Baked Boudin Balls
- Yield: 12
- 1 lb ground pork breakfast sausage, ground mild chorizo or any ground artisan sausage you prefer
- 2 cups cooked white rice, warm
- ¼ cup finely diced green onion or chives
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 cup of plain breadcrumbs or Panko
- 1 cup yellow or Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup honey
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Place the bread crumbs in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground sausage, white rice and green onions until nicely incorporated. Then mix in the whisked egg.
- Form tablespoon size balls and then roll them in the breadcrumbs and place them on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake them in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until they are nicely browned and cooked through.
- While the Boudin Balls are baking, whisk together the mustard and honey and place in a serving bowl.
- Let the Boudin Balls cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. Serve with the Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce.
These savory starters are perfect for game day, dinner parties, brunch, after school snacks or holiday celebrations. Or you can make some for a light and simple dinner and pair it with a glass of wine.