This is my Dad’s amazingly moist and flavorful Thanksgiving turkey stuffing recipe!
Dad’s Turkey Stuffing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb. Hot Italian Sausage (or Breakfast Sausage)
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2-3 stalks of celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1-2 cups chicken broth
- 1 package seasoned stuffing
- 1 package corn bread stuffing
- Pepper and salt to taste
- 4 apples, (any red apple) peeled, cored and cubed
- 1 cup walnuts
- In a large sauté pan, cook garlic, onion, celery and carrots until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add sausage and cook until done, breaking up large chunks of sausage.
- Cool down.
- In a very large bowl, place seasoned stuffing, corn bread stuffing, walnuts and apples.
- Mix in the sausage and sautéed vegetables.
- Add pepper and salt, and slowly pour chicken broth into mix, a little at a time until stuffing is moist but not soggy.
- Dress turkey and place remainder of the stuffing in a casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.