Chocolate Turtle Apple Slices are thick slices of Fuji apples covered in melted chocolate, drizzled with caramel and topped with nuts. And I love that there are just 5 ingredients in this recipe. Keeping it simple is always the best way to go when possible!
Chocolate Turtle Apple Slices
- Servings: 1 apple slice
- Yield: 10-12
- Prep Time: 1 hr 5 min
- 2 very large Fuji apples
- 3 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup caramels, melted
- Chopped pecans
- Popsicle sticks
- Slice apples into ½" pieces. With a knife make a little slit in the bottom of each apple slice to make it easier to insert a popsicle stick.
- Melt chips in the microwave on high for about 2 minutes. Stir in coconut oil. Dip apple slices in chocolate and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Place caramels in microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 45-60 seconds. Do NOT overheat. Stir until smooth. Drizzle melted caramel over chocolate and sprinkle with nuts.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour. Serve and enjoy immediately. Apples are best the first day. Store in refrigerator.
Have you ever had a candy apple but wished there was a little more "candy" in each bite? Problem solved! These candy apples are covered with all of the ingredients in my favorite candy - chocolate turtles.
Click here to watch the video tutorial - How to Make Chocolate Turtle Apple Slices.