I love pizza! AND I love a great caprese salad. Put those two gems together and voila, my Caprese Pepperoni Pizza Dip. I make this dip more than any other dip on game day because it's a favorite among my friends and family.
Caprese Pepperoni Pizza DipPrep Time: 10 min Cooking Time: 30 min
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped garlic
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup mini pepperoni
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil to garnish
- In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, garlic, oregano, parmesan and half of the mozzarella cheese.
- In a casserole dish, add the cream cheese mixture to the bottom followed by the pepperoni and pizza sauce.
- Layer on the tomatoes and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil.
- Serve with garlic toast, breadsticks and/or crackers.
I like to set out some balsamic glaze and fresh pesto for this dip next to the garlic toasts. YUM!