How to make real bruschetta like an Italian! For Parties. For Everyday. For Ever. And so EASY!
- 8 large ripe Roma tomatoes, sliced in half and cored and chopped medium fine
- ½ sweet yellow onion, chopped fine
- 4 gloves of garlic, minced or chopped fine
- ¼ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves, chopped fine. (Do not use dry)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin oil
- 1 baguette, sliced thin
- ¼ cup olive oil (or combination of olive oil and melted butter) for brushing on bread
- Basil, julienned for garnish
- Cut baguette into ½ inch slices.
- Lay the pieces on a cookie sheet.
- Put some olive oil (and or butter) in a small cup and brush the slices using a pastry brush.
- Broil or bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until the slices are lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, garlic, cheese, basil, salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil gently mix all ingredients.
- Place a heaping teaspoon or more of tomato mixture on top of each bread slice.
- Sprinkle with a hint of grated cheese.
- Garnish with thin shreds of fresh basil.
- Serve immediately.
- See full video tutorial below!