A classic treat with a sweet twist!
Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
- Yield: 1 loaf / 12 muffins
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cooking Time: 1 hr 10 min
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (use your own discretion)
- ½ cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- First things first, it’s probably a good idea to pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees F before getting everything together.
- Next, would be to grease a loaf pan (9X5 in) or muffin tins, whichever you prefer. And get 3 (yes, 3) mixing bowls. The magnificent taste makes up for the dishes, I promise!
- Now that we’re all prepared, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in one bowl and stir bananas, milk, and cinnamon in a separate bowl. Into the third bowl goes the butter and sugar (this is one bowl I need to keep a CLOSE eye on!) Once that is all mixed up and fluffy, add one egg at a time.
- After all the bowls have been mixed, we need to combine them… strategically. Add the banana mixture into the butter/sugar mixture and stir well. Then, slowly add in dry ingredients making sure there isn’t any dry lumps. Fold in chocolate chips without over working batter.
- Finally, pour batter into the prepared pan of your choosing, and bake for approximately 60-70 minutes depending on your oven. A good trick is to always have toothpicks around when baking! When you stick one into the center, it should come out clean (chocolate is okay) if it’s truly done.
- I suggest hiding the pan for about 10-15 minutes or until its done cooling. Then you can easily remove the loaf or muffins and present to whomever you love most. The hiding tip is one I’ve learned from experience; in our household, if it’s not hidden, it’s going to disappear without a trace. Every time I wonder who could’ve taken it… (Chance... Madison?).
**BE CAREFUL FOR TINY GRABBY HANDS!**
If you have any other meal, treat, or drinks you’d like to see, let me know, I’ll do my very best to get them up as soon as I can!
I hope you and your family enjoy this treat as much as we do!