Asparagus is in season so it’s time to breakout those delicious recipes. I’m always looking for different ideas to entertain family and friends. This asparagus pesto is great for crostinis, where the toppings can be endless. Leftovers of the pesto were used to toss with pasta. This recipe will be sure to please all those asparagus lovers.
Asparagus CrostiniPrep Time: 20 min
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, cooked and blanched in cold water
- ½ cup parsley, roughly chopped
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup raw almonds
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 ¼ cups evoo
- 1 French baguette, sliced and toasted
- Parmesan Reggiano, garnish optional
- Baked Prosciutto slices, garnish optional
- Ricotta, garnish optional
- Baby arugula, garnish optional
- Slice the French baguette and place on a baking sheet.
- Take ¼ cup of evoo and brush it over the slices of bread.
- Sprinkle a little salt over the slices. Once toasted set aside.
- In a food processor add, asparagus, almonds, parsley, Parmesan cheese, garlic and s&p. Pulse and slowly add evoo until desired consistency.
- Spread over slices of bread and top with desired toppings.