Perfect for both Fall and Winter Holidays!
Apple Cranberry Crunch
- 3 cups coarsely chopped, cored and unpeeled McIntosh apples (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups old fashioned oats
- ¾ cup chopped pecans (3 ounces)
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Have ready an ungreased 2 ½ quart shallow baking dish (about 9x12) or 9 inch deep dish pie plate.
- In a medium bowl, mix together chopped apples, cranberries and sugar.
- Spoon into ungreased baking dish and spread evenly.
- To make topping, mix together oats, pecans, brown sugar and flour.
- Add butter and stir until well blended.
- Crumble over filling, pressing down lightly.
- Bake approximately 40-45 minutes or until topping is browned and filling is bubbling.