This almond butter banana bread recipe is a healthier take on traditional banana bread without compromising on flavor! It's the perfect snack, dessert or breakfast.
Almond Butter Banana Bread
- ⅓ cup real maple syrup
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cup overripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 ½ cup extra fine almond flour
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- ½ cup creamy almond butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper. In a mixing bowl, combine the maple syrup, almond milk, egg, vanilla, banana, and coconut sugar until well combined. Beat in the almond flour, baking soda and salt until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks. Now take the almond butter and add it to the batter in teaspoon full size dollops and then gently swirl it into the batter. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle with chocolate chunks if desired...you may also now push in a few extra teaspoons of almond butter too!
- Place loaf pan on a baking sheet and set in the oven. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until center is set. If the top begins to brown (mine did after about 45 minutes), tent the bread with aluminum foil. Remove and let cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting. Bread will keep (covered) for 3-5 days. Serve and enjoy!
Do you ever look over at your fruit bowl and see your bananas start to get just a little bit brown? And then choose to ignore them so you can bake something with them? I hate to admit I do this more often than not. I had never tried putting almond butter in the batter before. What a game changer! Combined with chocolate chunks, the flavor and texture is amazing. You are going to want to let your bananas get brown just so you can make this recipe!